New Diver (in Hong Kong) need some advice...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hi All,

I am totally new to diving (and this forum), just got my PADI open water certification. I am looking to move forward to the advanced and maybe rescue levels over the next few months. I need to get some gear (BCD, Regulator, Computer) that isn't super expensive but that will grow with me, so to speak, as I do the more advanced courses.

Thanks in advance for help :)

Ben

A bp/w might be good for you if you want something to grow with you.

Your reg is your life support, so I wouldn't go the cheap route. Look to spend between $450 & $650. Its nice if you can rent or at least try first.

A lot of the dive equipment is just personal preference when you get into the higher dollar items. I bought a Oceanic VT Pro a couple of years ago and like it. Diverite has some descent computers too. My next one will most likely be from diverite. One thing to look at with computers is how conservative they are or aren't.

Have fun and be safe!!!!

The first and the most recognized name in Hong Kong diving is "Bunns" --owned and operated by the Lui brothers, Bun, Bill and Kit..They have two shops to serve you ...Hong kong and in NT.

They have a very knowledgeable staff to help you in you selections..
sdm

Thanks I appreciate the help so far, will look into the Diverite comps, I don't know which brand names are better than others yet. I'm 6'2" and 210 pounds so I really want to get a computer that will maximize underwater time as I consume air so damn fast.

I have been into the Bunns store already and they are great but I am Australian and the English-Chinese language barrier got in the way, so I thought I should ask here and then I'll have a better idea of what to look for.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom