Wetsuit Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fossilhunter_Anson

Registered
Reaction score
I bought a henderson insta dry wetsuit, and the thing is a nightmare to get on, I have to have my buddy help me get in it. Will it get easier in time to get into? Or should I have gone with the hyperstretch?

By the way I'm a bigger guy I had to buy the xxl size to fit me although the legs are a little long on it.

Give me a front zip everytime. To me they are much easier to get into, especially by yourself. I wish companies would offer more options in the front zip. Sorry about you fit issues.

Try putting it on in the shower provided there's one close by. I've heard this makes it easier.

Or try a diveskin underneath.

A Diveskin underneath should help. I have also seen people wear pantyhose under a wetsuit to help it slide on.

There are companies that make custom wetsuits also. Your LDS should be able to help with taking the measurements for sizing.

Good luck!

I use the insta dry gloves, and while I love them for their warmth, even they are a pain to get on and off. I can't even imagine what the fullsuits are like. As others have said, definitely try a skin. Or a different wetsuit :wink:

I agree, try a diveskin. I wear a Tilos diveskin under my wetsuit. It makes it much easier to don and doff the wetsuit.

Phil

To the OP, there is a larger issue here, and that is being comfortable in your wetsuit. If it is just about getting it on that is the problem, a number of solutions have been mentioned. But if you aren't comfortable in general in the wetsuit, definitely get something else. So many options out there, there is no reason to 'suffer'.

I bought my wetsuit online at liesurepro i've had it on twice can I even return it? and try the hyperstrectch? or even just get my money back for something else?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom