How many photos for PADI C card

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Upwelling

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Do I just need to provide them one small photo for this or do they need an extra photo to log in their system or soemthing? thanks

Just the one. The image is transferred to your c-card.

Sometimes if your instructor or the dive shop is sending it in they will ask for two, one for their own records.

Just one picture, PADI keeps the picture for a year.
You do not have to submit another one if you lose the card or for another c-card.

Or, if you own a digital camera, you can do it all electronically, and do away with photo prints all together (something that we've been doing more and more at our shop).

All the instructors I know like to keep a photo in their records, which they are compelled to keep for at least seven years.

My instructor didn't even ask for our picture. He took a digital one and that went onto our cards and his files.

Junko, I'd check with your instructor just to make sure.

If you are going to continue your PADI dive education I would advise that you get a whole mess o' those pictures right away. Seems like every time you take a class you need a new photo. Myself, I take all the dive education very serious but when it comes time to submit a picture to my instructor I always have the "my dog ate my photo" excuse. He is a cool guy but aparently the photo issue narks his nuts. Dunno about other instructors or agencys tho....Just my 2cents. Peace all, DG

PADI keeps student pictures on file for one year. If you take multiple courses that require multiple c-cards during that time frame, that is the photo they will use, unless you submit another one.

As for PADI Pros, once you get to DM level & get a permanent membership number, they will keep whatever photo you submitted on file almost indefinitely.

Since they now scan the picture you submit and keep THAT on file, they really don't need any more than one picture. However, to be on the safe side, when I wanted my IDCS ID updated this year, I sent them two "just to be on the safe side". :wink:

~SubMariner~

Back
Top Bottom