Diving Magazines (UK)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WaterBaby

Registered
Reaction score
My husband and I would like to subscribe to a diving magazine to keep up to date with all of the goings on in the diving world! Does anyone have any suggestions on the best ones to look at? We are based in the UK.

Cheers!
WaterBaby:crawl:

Diver is a good choice. i also get PADI's Sport Diver which i believe is out on 21st aug for the sept issue:)

I think 'diver' is the best all rounder. 'dive' is a pretty close second (supposedly aimed at bsac divers, but not much). I'm not a big fan of 'sport diver'. I find it too PADI based and the reviews are usually supplied by the manufacturers:wink:

The 'diver' website is very good for old articles and current news (and free).

Diver is the best all rounder, covers a lot of stuff and is not biased towards any one agency :wink:

Diver is unqualifiedly the best magazine to subscribe to in the U.K.
It is not agency biased and has some pretty good writers too.

Little known fact. Diver is as far as I know the first mainstream magazine ( Sorry Rodale's ) that did independent testing on regulator performance ( 1989 ).

Sport Diver is a joke.

Id go along with that, Diver i buy every month. I also get BSACs Dive monthly through my membership.

Both are OK, dive isnt really bsac orientated any more but diver does tend to have a bit more content in it.

Why not go into your local WHSmiths or newsagent and pick up a few there, flick through them, see which you like best before deciding what to subscribe to ?

I spend about £10 a month and get all three, would probably be cheaper if i supscribed to all three!
I also get Immersed and DiveTraining when I can find them over here, I think Stoney sells Immersed

Personally I subscribed to Dive Magazine; I chose the magzine at the time, as it was the only english language magazine that I knew I could get in the Netherlands.

In general I am very pleased with it; the reviews have proved very useful along with the stories.

Paul

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom