Mask/Snorkle Storage

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ATLe46

Reaction score
Hello,

My wife and I recently purchased new masks and snorkles for a trip we went on last month. Did some diving and snorkling in Curacao.

I was wondering if there is anything special that we need to do with our masks and snorkles before packing them up for the winter. We've soaked them in freshwater. Is there any special cleaners we should/shouldn't use before we put them in the closet? The masks will be in their plastic cases for storage. We'd like to have the equiptment for a long time, so I'm looking for the best methods to keep them in top shape.

Thanks for any tips.

No. Just keep them away from extreme heat and cold and of course from UV.
:snorkel:ScubaRon

You may want to soak them in warm (not hot) water to make sure that all the salt completely dissolves. If the mask is made of clear silicon, it will turn yellow and there's not much you can do about it.

If you plan on diving soon with them or using them i suggest rubbing tooth paste on the inside of the mask it gets rid of the protection film on the inside. Also everytime before you dive spit into the mask to avoid fogging. For short time storage i just put my mask in the foot whole of my flippers.

in the original plastic box the mask came in when
not using it...if you expose your mask (if the mask
strap is clear) to black rubber, it will discolor
the mask......my neighbor has a mask
purchased 11 years ago....looks in great condition.....
he just rinses it after each dive and puts it in the
box (and he is an active diver)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom