Finding a dive club in southern maryland

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Divegirl400

Reaction score
Can anyone help me find a dive club in southern maryland? I know there's at least one in Annapolis, but that's too far! I live in Calvert County, near Solomon's Island. None of my friends dive -- and they just don't get my new obsession. Help!!:confused:

have you tried finding one thru your LDS(s)??? usually most dive shops sponser a club (mine does) and they do things with and without the shop... check it out and if not one of the shop(s) might be willing to sponser one...

Afraid I don't know of any, I know its hard not knowing any divers. I only have one friend who is into it. You may just want to try leaving your name at the local shop and tell them you are looking for a buddy. They are probably likely to run across someone in the same boat fairly often. I think that PADI also has a buddyfinder on their site. If none of that works, i'm always game for a new buddy at millbrook.

Hi Divegirl400,

Well, I am moving to the area in Jan...Calvert or ST Mary county I think. I know that there is a LDS in the Solomons. If not maybe we can start one. Navy bases usually have a lot of divers(recreational not pros) and the area does have NAS Patuxent River.

Take charge and make it happen.

Dive with any local enough dive shop that will let you meet divers. Look in the Yahoo groups for regional clubs and of course the Scubaboard regional forums.

I printed up some simple "Buddy Cards" after scribbling contact info on the windshield post dive a few times. Lots of software packages will let you make business cards. I snagged some dive flag logos from the net along with DAN (We're members) and my certifying agency and they look pretty cool. It helps people see your enthusiasm and they usually reciprocate with contact info. Some dive shops may even let you post them. If you post them be preparred to screen prospective buddies or manipulate the first dive to be with a group you know and trust. We're a gorup of about a dozen right now though we've never even come close to getting together as a group.

Since getting certified in late June my MTBD (mean time betwen dives) has been less that 2 days. Nice dives with peers including my wife and mentors. It may be an uphill climb this late in the season but you can have buddies next year for sure.

Do a search for threads by member "Gidds". She has opened some good dicussions especially on buddy selection from the female perspective and how to be a good buddy.
http://www.scubaboard.com/search.php?searchid=1992382

Pete

I just wanted to bring to some member's attention that they are replying to a thread that is TWO YEARS OLD.

So I hope you don't expect any answers soon. :wink:

Pax,

SubMariner:
I just wanted to bring to some member's attention that they are replying to a thread that is TWO YEARS OLD.

Pax,

She may even have her own established dive club now!! :D

SubMariner:

Pax,

Gee I didn't notice but that's OK.

There are so many folks lurking as opposed to being active members that I'm confident we've helped at least a few. It's a timeless question.

Never the less you make a good point and I hope she has fared well.

Pete

I printed up some simple "Buddy Cards" after scribbling contact info on the windshield post dive a few times. Lots of software packages will let you make business cards.

A very inexpensive online printer:
http://www.vistaprint.com

I have used them several times.. They even have "free" cards (pay for shipping)
Good idea to have "buddy cards" I may do that.

Thanks

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom