12v Hookah Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DivingOverboard

Registered
Reaction score
Has anyone tried one of these hookah diving kits they sell on Ebay? They run the $300-$500 range.They worth it? Im looking to try some light diving with one.

I use a 50' hose spliced between my first and second stages for that type of diving usually from a kayak. Should cost you about $50 to do it yourself and then use the gear you already have.

Attachments

• IMG_0545.jpg
    IMG_0545.jpg
    306.3 KB · Views: 2,227
OP may not be a certified diver, so he may not have the equipment. Without at least basic training there are risk even on Hookah or SNUBA (long hose on a tank). Diving looks easy, actually it is easy but there are some basic safety hazards like ascending while holding your breath, etc... that can seriously injure or kill you. I would definitely take at least a basic OW class just so you become aware of the potential issues.

DivingOverboard

I'll start by reiterating the concern about breathing compressed air without scuba training. Even at the modest depth of 15 feet that one of these maxes out at you can get hurt or die.

I depending on the model there will be a finite life to the battery and I'm not sure how you manage that while diving. Deep cycle batteries, charging and replacement will soon make this a money pit.

If you want to dive I would first throw a little money towards a discover dive and if you think this is your game then take an OW class. Once you do that I think the fascination with being tethered to an airbrush compressor will fade.

I have assumed based on your lack of profile information that you are new to diving. Please come back with more details if this is incorrect.

Pete

Thanks for the feedback. I am new to diving if anyone wants give me some diving pointers, Id appreciate it. Right now im only interested in shallow diving. Ive heard I could get an airbladder if I decide to try deeper diving?
As for the hose Id buy my own dedicated diving hose.
As for the economics Id dont see anything that comes close to this in price, and im on a budget.The batteries should last plenty,I wont be out there everyday.
Right now Im leaning toward getting it.

Get certified by a professional instructor, anything less is perilous. Learning to dive by collecting pointers on the internet is even more dangerous.

Pete

Getting no pointers is even more dangerous. :) Im only going down like 10 feet Im not going to pay somebody hundreds of dollars to teach me that. Anyway I think Im getting one Ill let you know how it goes.

Gotta love the gene pool.

Last edited:
The gene pool itself, or the way that humanity adds it's own chlorine to the gene pool?

Back
Top Bottom