Newbie needs some advice on some gear.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nose88346

New
Reaction score
# of dives
Hello everyone, Im glad I found this site as it's been very helpful so far. Now Ive recently been bitten by the diving bug. I was lucky enough to have a dear friend give me some gear to get started, but turns out it is too small for me to use. I was hoping maybe I can sell these and save some money and upgrade. I don't know much at all when it comes to scuba gear or diving in general, so I was hoping maybe someone on here could give me some information on what it is I have exactly and how much I should ask or expect to get from selling everything.

Thank You and God Bless!!

2014-08-07144057_zpsd7cc1d6e.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

2014-08-07143725_zpsd0435e51.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
2014-08-07143054_zpsd8c5a6c0.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
2014-08-07143241_zps94819253.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
2014-08-07143331_zps3da35a17.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
2014-08-07143501_zps796730dd.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I'd keep the reg set and put the inflator/2nd stage on my new BC, I used one of those seconds for years and it never failed me. At that point one could have the inflator from the new BC put on the old BC and you may get 50 or 100 bucks for it. Or just pass it on and let the new owner worry about attaching the inflater.

Bob

The Z1 is probably around 10 years old - I found a review from 2002. Sold at the time in the $350-400 range. Their current Z2 sells for $409 for comparison. Nice thing about Atomic is their lowest end model to their $1600 Ti models all breathe identically.

There's a couple that recently sold on eBay for around $195.

I still use one as my octo. Any Atomic dealer should be able to service it. I'd keep it. I'm pretty sure that can also be upgraded to a Z2 but that may cost more than it's worth.

The Isla is an older model - there's one like it on eBay currently for $50. Blow it up and leave it sit for a day or two to see if it holds air - or dunk it in the tub. Anyone interested will want to know that. You also should remove the inflator hose from the reg and include it.

The Versa console is one of their Pro series models. Is there a compass on the back? At least 8-10 years old. With the least expensive new computers in the $200+ range now I don't think it's worth much. Try having a battery installed and see if it still works. The pressure gauge should be fine after servicing. I vaguely remember something about a recall on that model also so check with an Oceanic dealer.

op said he wasn't keeping the bcd's?
It's the front and back of the Isla. :wink:

ok thanks for the replies. I was thinking I would just sell it all together as a package and buy all new to answer one reply. So from what Ive taken from the above replies I think a fair asking price would probably be in the $250-300 range for all of the above, I will probably list it on fleabay for $300 buy now with a best offer option. Thanks again and god bless

People usually don't want a package. Split the items up. I understand the frustration of changing to a new setup. Did it myself after getting certified. Best to do it a little at a time. Also try Craigslist.

under water some where

That Atomic is a great breathing reg. I would have it serviced and save yourself some money. Reg's will last for a very long if properly taken care of. I have a friend that has a reg that is over 20 years old and still works great just needs it's normal servicing from time to time.

Back
Top Bottom