Certified !

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sandie7

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hello !

This weekend the weather was finally better, and we had our “Open Water” classes (after 9 classes in the pool). For me, it was incredible. After all the panic I had felt before with the other instructor, it was most of all realizing that the panic was gone … even more incredible, I couldn’t wait to get into the water. It was rather cold, but everything was fine. There was a current at the bottom, so much at first that the dive was almost cancelled, but we managed to swim a bit farther from the shore where the water was considerably more calm.

The problem was the next day ! I was tired, and the suits were still WET. The feeling of dressing my suit like that was wonderful, compared to the chilly morning wind blowing on it when the boat was moving. I managed to do all the exercises, but because of that I was at the bottom for too long. A big loss of energy, I was so cold I was suddenly dizzy and having trouble breathing – but remembered all the training, and calmed down, warned the instructor and we ascended.

And so, here I am, certified …

My BIG thanks to everyone who answered my questions and gave me support
%28happy%29.gif
since my first post. It was a path that certainly was much better with your help !

Good for you Sandie. Welcome to a new adventure. Have a great time!!! If you're ever in Central Florida, give me a holler, I would love to show you some of our dive sites.

Good for you Sandie. Welcome to a new adventure. Have a great time!!! If you're ever in Central Florida, give me a holler, I would love to show you some of our dive sites.

Thank you. I will :) ... and same here ... Portugal has wonderful places to dive, you will be very welcome !

Congratulations!

The trick is to leave the wetsuit to dry inside-out. That way the inside will dry a little quicker and won't be as wet when you put it on the next time. :)

Oh it was left that way ... but it was still TOO wet ... :D ... it wasn't that bad ... but the wind ... wow ...

Oh it was left that way ... but it was still TOO wet ... :D ... it wasn't that bad ... but the wind ... wow ...

Congratulations and glad you warmed up that second day. I'm all too familiar with that wet wetsuit stuff, wind, cold, etc.

Hello RJP, and thanks ... LOL ...

I have something to tell you ... the only thing I was worried about was the "CESA" exercise ... I knew it would remind me of my REAL emergency ascent on my very first dive. When I was about to start it, the only thing that came to my mind was the image of your Mighty Mouse ..

And when I demo the CESA I tell them to think "Mighty Mouse" and then I "sing" a high pitched mouse-voice version of the Here I come to save the day! chorus of the cartoon's theme song as I swim the length of the pool.

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeere Iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii cooooooooooooooooome tooooooooooooooo saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaave theeeeeeeeeeeeeeee daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay...

It's kind of a useful mnemonic, because in addition to making a high-pitched sound, Mighty Mouse is actually miming a picture-perfect CESA! Left hand on inflator? Check! Right hand extended upwards? Check! Legs kicking? Check!

[video=youtube;rsPa8QgGGkc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsPa8QgGGkc[/video]

It was so silly and funny that I forgot about the bad memories ... and the exercise ended up with no problems. So now you know that you helped another student who is so far away, at the other end of the ocean. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom