Scuba Diving Basics on YouTube ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

namerg

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello all,
On March I need to take the open water certification. I did the confined water course back in November 2014. I do have the PADI guide and DVD but I am wondering if there are any videos online that I can watch while I am at work so I can refresh and recall what I did in the pool and out of the pool ?

Thanks a lot, G

Jaja I know that. One thing I don't recall is the assembly of the equipment, regulator, or everything will be back once I see the tank, regulator and so on ?

Hello all,
On March I need to take the open water certification. I did the confined water course back in November 2014. I do have the PADI guide and DVD but I am wondering if there are any videos online that I can watch while I am at work so I can refresh and recall what I did in the pool and out of the pool ?

Thanks a lot, G

Here is a video that will show you what you absolutely DO NOT want to look like....this is a bad instructor, and a large class that is doing so much WRONG it is hard to know where to begin...
They should not have their alternate air sources ( 2nd regulator/octopus) flailing around in the breeze as most do...this is a configuration mistake, and it also means if many needed to offer the 2nd reg, they could not find it....The DRAGGING of the octos in the sand, makes it even more disturbing--even as a NEW diver, these students SHOULD HAVE KNOWN that the bottom they were trampling was teeming with life, and they had no business on top of it....and should have told their instructor he was being ecologically negligent.

You can see plenty more that is done badly in this video..

[video=youtube_share;dgdabfvr2B0]http://youtu.be/dgdabfvr2B0[/video]

I believe there are some internet videos (by PADI?) showing divemaster candidates how to demonstrate the 20 pool skills. Could help the OW student as well. Sorry I can't recall exactly where they are.

You don't need a tank to practise in the water. Go to a pool and practise your flutter and frog kick, and just generally get more comfortable in the water & build a little condition. The extra kicking practice will get you legs in better shape, making them less likely to cramp because the movements won't be so new and unusual. You can also working on removing/replacing/clearing mask.

I always advise to just go through the motions of all the skills on land. If you have already successfully done the skills the big thing becomes memorizing the steps. I still do this, particularly if it may be a while before diving again.

By the way guys I found a series of videos on YouTube that will help refresh my mind. You Tube for divetrainingmagazine

Back
Top Bottom