WALLET & KEYS

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CRAZYBOBC

Reaction score
Ok This My Seem Silly But Being A New Diver I Have To Ask. What Do You Do With Your Wallet And Keys When Doing A Beach Dive And You Drive To The Location And No One Is With You That Isn't Diving.
Will Keys Fit In The Pocket Of Your Bc, Or Do Youget Some Type Of Waterproof Container And If You Do What Do You Do With That?
Thanks

I leave my wallet in car and put my car key in small "key" pocket inside my wetsuit.

I have a spare key on a stainless steel ring and snap link that I clip to my BCD, or there is a small pocket in the back of my jumpsuit where I can put the key.

I would tell you, but then you would find my keys and steal my truck.

I have a VW so the key is integrated into the keyless entry mechanism, which would be bad to take in the water, so I take the valet key down with me instead.

Wallet goes into the the locked glove box.

Hey, DiverBob,
Wisen up !!!
No one wants your ugly old truck . . .!!

Heh, heh, heh . . . .

But don't leave the beer unsecured.

Hi,

In places were tourist rental cars are often broken into, like Hawaii, where I just returned from, poor me, it was considered unsafe to leave valuables in the car in either the glove box or the trunk. So I bought a small water tight box at a local dive shop and put license, CC, cash etc into that and slipped it into BC pocket. Had no problems.

The rental car key was a problem as it had the keyless entry gizmo and would not fit in the box. We left that in the dive shop behind the counter 3 times, or in the dive guides truck (for some reason it felt safer to me there as that was obviously not a tourist rental car). Closer to home I would use the valet key suggestion and put it in the box in my BC. This box can clip to the inside pocket of my BC so I haven't worried about it getting away from me.

Lauren

Wallet in the car (glovebox), and the key hidden locally, or in my wetsuit key pocket (if I'm wearing a wetsuit).

Wallet in the glovebox (locked) and key on a snap clip which goes in the key pocket of my wetsuit (when I'm wearing one) or snapped to my bc and tucked into my cumerbund when I'm diving in swim trunks. Remember to rinse the salt water off of your keys before using them, or you'll create a nasty surprise for yourself in the future.

-Grier

Wallet is locked in the glove compartment and seeing that I have keyless entry I have a small watertight container I put the key and the remote into then I hook inside my BCD pocket. It been to 100 ft. without leaking, and if it does I'll just use the key until the remote dries.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom