How much did it all cost?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rna

Reaction score
Approximately how much money did you guys spend to become fully equipped for SCUBA diving?

Oh, my God !!! . . . . .
Give me a couple of days to add it all up.
Does that have to inclued all of the stupid stuff that I bought before I learned the better of it?

I dont have an exact number, but I would say I am around 3 or 4k in gear alone, then figure in classes.

OW class (with snorkel stuff) $500
BC - Shop demo 380
Regs with gauges 890
Wet suit (Hyperstretch) 250
Gloves/boots 65
Sausage,shears,slate light, etc 100

Total Approximately $2,185

Have not gone the computer route yet!

Then there is Nitrox, AOW, Stress and Rescue (Don't tell my wife) etc.

rna:
Approximately how much money did you guys spend to become fully equipped for SCUBA diving?

You don't want you wifes lawer to find out!

rna:

The answers to that question will be as many and varied as the number of respondents. You can buy basic or high end. You can own one of everything or more than one. You can try to arrange a "package deal" with an LDS or you can piece it together as you decide what you want.

One word of advice .. do not buy anything until you've tried several makes and models in real dive conditions.

buying gear

Like Deputy Dan, we spent nearly 2,500 per person to get the minimal "high end" gear. We went with top of the line Zeagle BCd's and regulators, one piece wetsuits, etc... That includes the Aeris Atmos2 computer. NO cave or deep stuff, just single AL 80's. Everything we purchased will take us about as far as we intend to go, but we will obviously have to buy more stuff to complete our "rigs".

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom