Dive shop recommendations in Northwest Arkansas?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pat Gilbert

Registered
Reaction score
(Hope this is the right place for this.)

There are several shops in the area and I was wondering if anyone on this board has had any experience with them? (I'm looking to get my OW cert and eventually AOW.)

I'm not really interested in any crash courses or shops that seem to emphasize "quick and easy" certification. I would like the classes to be as thorough as possible so I will be confident and safe when I dive the open waters. I figure a good foundation is the best way to start the sport.

Thanks for reading and I look forward to any replies.

Pat

From what I here from local divers, I here Sportco in Springdale has an excellant reputation.

I have not used them for classes - but there is C&J at the Dam on Beaver Lake also.

Pat,

Sportco and AquaTrek are the same company. They are PADI Five Star Instructor Development Center and I believe this means they are in the top 10% of PADI scuba facilities. I know that Jack has been teaching for over 25 years and they have a great selection of gear. I know of several people that have had training at the Aquatrek facility and have no complaints. I know I am going to be trained there. Hope this helps.

Pat Gilbert:
(Hope this is the right place for this.)

There are several shops in the area and I was wondering if anyone on this board has had any experience with them? (I'm looking to get my OW cert and eventually AOW.)

I'm not really interested in any crash courses or shops that seem to emphasize "quick and easy" certification. I would like the classes to be as thorough as possible so I will be confident and safe when I dive the open waters. I figure a good foundation is the best way to start the sport.

Thanks for reading and I look forward to any replies.

Pat

Bill Clinton's "Goin Down" Dive Shop...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom