Newbie on board

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubagril71

Reaction score
Hello to all. I'm heading out to my first beach dive next weekend and so I was wondering if anyone has some tips to make the prep/dive more enjoyable. Thanks for the input in advance!

hey there scubagril71, welcome to the board. my advice to you would be to drink heavily....

in all seriousness, where are you diving and boat or shore?

It's a boat and beach trip. Day one will be out on Catalina and day two will be a beach dive off of La Jolla shores.

Day one is on the boat in Catalina and day two will be a beach dive off of La Jolla shores....and of course you meant to drink heavily...water right?

Welcome scubagril71. I'm a new diver and have never been on a shore dive before, so I'm also curious to see what advice you get from thos more experienced. If you don't get much of a response here, post that specific question in the Basic Scuba Diving forum.

Welcome to SB scubagril71. My only advice is to ignore suggestions to wear your fins and back into the water when entering from shore.

Carry them in and when you get deep enough, say chest high, put your reg in your mouth and sink if you can. Then put the fins on. Lot easier than trying to walk with them on.

Some may disagree, but that statement is based on my experience.

Howdy and welcome to SB!

Hire someone to carry your gear. :D

Good to have you here. Click here to PM me if I can help you get started in our various forums.

:cowboy2: don

smiley-linie-009.gif

Moved from Introductions & Greets forum.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom