Hello

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ringojcp

Reaction score
Hey peoples,

My wife and I are just getting into scuba diving so I figure we join a board to get some 411. We just bought ourselves some brand new gear and because I'm ignorant about this. Tell me if we did good. It's not complete yet, missing octos and guages so if anyone has some for sale, let me know.

Me:

Neosport 3mm wetsuit $60
Aeris Coral BC $250
Tusa RS-350 $350
Tusa sf-8 Expert zoom $120
Cressie Matrix mask $50
Oceanic snorkel no drown thingy $40

my wife is the same except she has an aeris reef rider for $200 and a tusa mask for like $50 too

By the way, we're in Savannah, GA. So if anyone ever wants to go diving when you're out in this direction. Let us know.

Thien & Cynthia

Welcome to the Scubaboard ringojcp,

Have fun exploring all the different forums. Be sure to check out the local
forums for your area.

Rick

Welcome (Scub)aBoard! :happywave

Hello T&C,

it’s about time you surfaced here! :)

Click [thread=91105]here[/thread] for ScubaBoard 101: [thread=91105]A beginner's guide to the ScubaBoard.Com forums[/thread].

Don’t forget to fill out your Public Profile (and Dive Info) on one of your next surface intervals so we can get to know you a little bit better. Besides, it will make it easier for us to answer your questions. Please, do add a Profile Pic. You might even add an avatar (you know, the small pic on the left of this post). If you’re not in a particularly creative mood, you can have a look at my Public Profile for inspiration.

As a newly addicted diver, you may want to pick up some pointers and advice in our newbee forum: New Divers & Those Considering Diving.

For local info and/or (future) buddies, just follow the path or have fun along the way by clicking on any of the given links: ScubaBoard > Regional Travel & Dive Clubs > North America > United States > Deep Dixie Divers.:42:

Any other questions? Just click this link: Send me a PM!

Laurens

This message brought to you by Torrid Trilam Fashion Consultancy Inc.

Welcome to the board. Please take a moment to fillout your profile. Many questions, including the one you posted above are location dependent and so knowing where in the world you are will make a difference. It also helps to know your prespective when you answer a question. So let us know where on the plannet you are, and you may just find a local dive buddy to go with you and your wife diving.

To answer you question about your equipment
-if you live in Palau, you have too thick a wetsuit
-if you live in Los Angeles, CA your wetsuit is too thin
-if you live in Mexico your wetsuit may be just right.
-If you live in Alaska, you need to get a regulator built for the colder waters
Well, you get the idea.
You really don't need the no-drown thing on the snorkle as you know how to breath on one and it is not an issue. Essentially, if you like like the equipment, and it works for you and the type of diving you are doing and planning on doing, then it is fine.

Welcome to diving. If you live in the Los Angeles or Orange County areas, give us a shout and we will get wet.

Welcome to SB Thien & Cynthia! If the equipment works for you, than it's perfect. It looks perfectly acceptable for the diving you'll most likely be doing living is Savannah. As you learn more you may certainly want to gradually get more gear or upgrade some of what you have, but it certainly looks fine for now.

Moved from Introductions & Greets forum.

Back
Top Bottom