OnlineScubaLessons.com is a SCAM!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubaFan_FL

Reaction score
Just wanted to let any new people considering taking any course online to AVOID OnlineScubaLessons.com!!!! My girlfriend thought it would be a good idea to take the classes online and then do the pool test and open water dives whenever we had a chance, but now the only place we are is out $90 each. WHAT A WASTE!!!

IMO the online classes in general are a huge waste. We couldn't find anyone in FL to give us any type of discout since the academics were already done (even if the place we did it was legit). So if you're paying full price anyway might as well do the classes with the local dive shop!

Also, Aquastrophics - Online Scuba lessons and equipment sales is another one of there BS sites. Don't buy anything off of it either!!!!!

Hope this saves someone the headache i'm going through!

Hi ...
wavey.gif
& Welcome to ...

:sblogo::colouredsmilies::colouredsmilies:
banana.gif

Sorry you had a bad time of it. You can do a class at a LDS and get a referral to finnish at another shop anywhere you'd like. PADI does alot of them.

There's an old saying if it's to good to be true ... it is!

Hi and welcome to SB.

Sorry about your misfortune. Feel free to ask for opinions before spending money next time. We have lots of opinions - some good ones even. :wink:

Just wanted to let any new people considering taking any course online to AVOID OnlineScubaLessons.com!!!! My girlfriend thought it would be a good idea to take the classes online and then do the pool test and open water dives whenever we had a chance, but now the only place we are is out $90 each. WHAT A WASTE!!!

Sorry for your troubles, but I just gotta say that I'm not sure you needed to know anything about "OnlineScubaLessons.com" beyond the website name to have figured out there was gonna be a problem.

Why do/did you think "the place you did it with was legit" when there's not a single mention of what agency you were doing your "online lessons" with?

I've reported the website in question to PADI, since they are using PADI copyrighted images on their site. Perhaps they are trying to confuse people into thinking this is a PADI program.

Why didn't I think of this? Charger $10 handling fee to send the info and $35 to Padi, etc for the replacement cards that Padi handles everyday direct with the diver.

Attachments

• Screen13.jpg
    Screen13.jpg
    134.2 KB · Views: 478
Yeah, the website is def suspect....but it was the girlfriends suprise purchase for me. :(

It was one of those things that i didn't think too much about, and we didn't end up doing the classes for a few months. I should have checked them out right away, but in her defense it was just about the top hit for every google search involving "scuba" and "online".

Anyway, thanks for the support, and just wanted to get another word out not to let anyone you know fall for this...

Why didn't I think of this? Charger $10 handling fee to send the info and $35 to Padi, etc for the replacement cards that Padi handles everyday direct with the diver.

"A fool and his money were lucky to get together in the first place!"

It was one of those things that i didn't think too much about, and we didn't end up doing the classes for a few months.

try your credit card and see if you can get any refunds from them...

but in her defense it was just about the top hit for every google search involving "scuba" and "online".

Check out any regulator by name/model in Google search. You'll notice that the retailers have all learned how to make their hits show up in the search results before the manufacturer does in most instances. Once you figure out what Google-bot scans for, you can figure out how to make your page hit higher in the results. easy marketing techique.

Why not? I recently got a solicitation for copyright services, saying they'd handle all the paperwork to register my book with the U.S. Copyright Office for ONLY $179.

What a deal!

Too bad I had already done it myself online direct with the U.S. Copyright office for the horrendous fee of $35.

There are a lot of rip-off artists out there hoping we won't do any homework to find out if they're offering us a good deal or not.

Back
Top Bottom