Free Florida Dives Sites

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MikadoWu

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello all,

First off, let me say thank you to all those that help me in getting my gear. After getting our Certs in November and Gear in December, my son and I have been having a great time diving.

Sadly, though we are having to slow down do to the all powerful dollar. Between purchasing 2 full sets of gear and my daughter wanting to dive, well you all understand that.

SO..... I was talking to a diver last weekend, about sites that are free. He suggested lakes in the Ocala National Forrest area. I was wondering if anyone has done this or if there is list or site someone may have compiled.

Thank you again all.

Other than the 2 parks I know of, all the shore diving on the panhandle is free. Not the greatest, but free.

shore dives all along the east coast. MOST are free.

Blue Heron Bridge is a great no stress dive and a "must do". Amazing amount of (usual and unusual) sea life too!
Some good (weather dependent) shore dives on the Treasure Coast from Sebastian, Vero Beach and down to Stuart (Bathtub Beach). Some shallow wrecks there to.

All of this is in 15-20 feet of water or so and you won't be disappointed.

Where are you in Florida?

There's a ton of shore diving on the east coast of Florida that is not only free, it's really great diving. Blue Heron Bridge, Palm Beach, Lauderdale by the Sea... those are just a few that I've done. Check out Gold Coast Scuba on meetup.org and you'll find they're always organize shore dives. Most expensive part is the air fill and occasionally paid parking and of course after dive dinner/drinks.

Yeah, location is EVERYTHING.... I live up in cave country and dive the springs ALL THE TIME>... the Florida State Parks Family Park pass is THE key to sorta free diving (you have to buy the park pass after all).... LOVE BHB, but it's a 5 hour drive.... haven't been to the panhandle to dive yet... this summer maybe.

-Tim

---------- Post added February 19th, 2014 at 10:52 AM ----------

There's a ton of shore diving on the east coast of Florida that is not only free, it's really great diving. Blue Heron Bridge, Palm Beach, Lauderdale by the Sea... those are just a few that I've done. Check out Gold Coast Scuba on meetup.org and you'll find they're always organize shore dives. Most expensive part is the air fill and occasionally paid parking and of course after dive dinner/drinks.

I'm sorry... I disagree.... the most expensive part is the fuel to drive down there :) and YES check out Gold Coast, they run a LOT of trips all through the week.

Where are you in Florida?

I live in Central Florida, just off I4, so most locations are easy to get to, since I do not mind driving.

and Thank you all for the Ideas. This has been a great experience for my Son and I to Reconnect.

Back
Top Bottom