AOW Certification complete

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pyramid65

Contributor
Reaction score
Got my SSI OW Certification 2 weeks ago and just completed PADI AOW this weekend...moving right along, I'm signing up for the PADI Wreck & Enriched Air classes this week and have my name on a list for the next Peak Performance Buoyancy class they offer.Doing my first (real) wreck dive (as well as my first ocean dive) this coming Saturday with a boat load of PADI Instructors and DM's. Looking forward to the Deep & Dry Suit classes as soon as they hit the calendar. I want to learn it all, wish I started this adventure 20 yrs ago.

There's no rush -- the water will still be there! I got started at 51, but I've made up for lost time :)

Congrats on your achievement.
Don't sweat the age stuff just dive every chance you get and you will be fine.
It is more important to train well and keep skills fresh.
Dive safe,

CamG

Great start. I applaud your continuing education plans, but don't forget to just go diving from time to time as well. You will learn and develop your skills every time you go on a dive, not only in class. Carry on, and keep us all posted on your progress.
DivemasterDennis

congratulations. sounds like you are excited about continuing in the sport. thats great !!

Congrats! One tip, I don't know if your club/shop has a strict course schedule, but imo it makes more sense to do PPB first rather than the Wreck specialty. Buoyancy is something you want to have nailed down before diving on/around/in wrecks, even if it means you'll have to wait for another round of courses.

Of course it's up to you in the end. Sounds like you're very excited, enjoy!

I agree with ScubaRose, if possible get PPB as soon as you can. If you get a decent instructor they will incorporate PPB skills into every course you ever do which in my opinion is an excellent idea.

Same goes for after the PPB course, don't just think cause you have the card it means you're perfect........i know instructors and divemasters who've been diving for years and years and they're far from it! Haha.

Point is, there is ALWAYS more to be learned.

Enjoy! :D

Why the rush? Just enjoy the diving. Take the next step if there are dives planned requiring them and if you feel you are ready. I see a lot of schools are trying to sell more and more "advanced" classes, but it's just business for them. I think they do more harm than good. A novice diver might take all the classes up to dive master/doubles/drysuit/wreck/cave/rebreather/trimix, and whatnot. Then he might think that he is ready for hard dives, but without experience will get into some serious trouble.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom