What should I buy next?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Chris88

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hello everyone this past Saturday I went to try scuba. I already know I want to get certified in scuba diving so I bought my gear to get started fins, mask, boots, snorkel and weight belt. I start my orientation on the 9th then class August 22. My question is what should I work on getting next as for as gear?
Thanks for your replies.

Last edited:
Nothing.

Get certified and then go dive. Don't waste money on gear until you've had the chance to dive several types.

Trust me on this. You'll lose money trying to sell stuff you don't like.

i have all kinds of gear that i thought i liked or needed, that sits in the dungeon. wait to buy your gear till you know what you like and go from there. I thought i needed the best there was to offer, so now i have a room full of stuff I don't use and can't sell. Welcome to the club keep diving and learning.

i have all kinds of gear that i thought i liked or needed, that sits in the dungeon. wait to buy your gear till you know what you like and go from there. I thought i needed the best there was to offer, so now i have a room full of stuff I don't use and can't sell. Welcome to the club keep diving and learning.

Thanks for the replies I can rent most of the stuff. I might get a wetsuit before I go on my open water check out dive.

Have you checked with the shop? At several in our area full gear beyond what you've bought is provided during class and local cert dives.

You have enought to start. I will add only wetsuite, because I don't like to use rent one.
You never know if person, who rent it before you, drink a lot before dive or not :)

You have enought to start. I will add only wetsuite, because I don't like to use rent one.
You never know if person, who rent it before you, drink a lot before dive or not :)

That's what I was thinking.

Nothing.

Get certified and then go dive. Don't waste money on gear until you've had the chance to dive several types.

Trust me on this. You'll lose money trying to sell stuff you don't like.

This.

Don't rush into buying gear as there is a chance you will buy incorrectly. Once certified, think carefully about what kit other divers are using - do not be pressured into buying what a shop wants to sell you.

If you are buying in stages, the two things I'd be looking at first are exposure suit and regs. Nobody really enjoys using hired suits and owning your own regs gives you the comfort of knowing the history of the equipment and that it is in good order.

Back
Top Bottom