Rescue Diver - completed!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DukeAMO

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Whoo, I finished my Rescue Diver class today! It was definitely a long day, and "serious fun". Also, Folsom Lake officially has the worst visibility I've ever seen. The visibility was from 0-4 feet all day. We had to hold on to each other under water, and sometimes we had to give signals with our hands touching each others' masks! It sure made for an interesting underwater search, but with the Jackstay search pattern, literally feeling along with our hands, we did it! We also found a fin a diver lost by lining up next to each other and swimming across. Two of us also stayed after class for one extra dive to practice navigating in zero vis. :)

Interestingly, the instructors also had us do every air-share by grabbing the primary out of the other diver's mouth, because they said it's what usually happens in the real world anyway. It was good practice, actually. By the third or fourth time, getting my reg pulled out and going for my secondary was hu-hum.

That was my cave instructor's goal . . . that if anything went wrong, we'd shrug and say, "Oh, not THAT again!". It's amazing how exposure to something stressful eventually makes the panic button not work any more :)

Congratulations!
RichH

We have our rescue dives in one month! Wife and son have already done the eLearning, I have done 2/5.

Congrats, I just finished my rescue training last week, its a life changing experience diving wise! Although, towing a victim while they are in sidemount, and while you are in sidemount, was a royal pain.. (you have to learn in what you dive though, and I'm sure the backmount people enjoyed learning the difference between rigs)

I just finished teaching a Rescue class this weekend. One of the "victims" was in side mount. It gave the Students a bit of a challenge.

Congratulations to both if you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom