Dive log

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RICK7441

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello all
Quick question ....if doing shore dives with a buddy in Toby , how do I get credit as a dive in my log book.....thanks

Ric

Just log the dive. Anyone, such as an instructor looking for a prerequisite dive for a class, will determine whether or not it will count for their use.

The log is more for you, note important information you learn, and want to remember, on the dive as well as the basic facts.

Bob

i just have my buddies sign and comment in the log.

The log-book is for YOUR benefit. There is no need for any "official" sanctioning of log entries. Many divers stop logging dives completely.

Perhaps your instructor should have taught you what your log book is for and how to log dives!

Can't say I have heard of AQUARIOUS dive agency

Perhaps your instructor should have taught you what your log book is for and how to log dives!

Can't say I have heard of AQUARIOUS dive agency

Thanks for the 3 positive replies ...... By the way they did instruct on the log .... This was my own inquiry.... Again thanks for the previous 3 replies

Logged dives can sometimes be important for enrollment on to courses, but for the most part as Bob says its mainly for you rather than anyone else. Logging is a personal choice, but personally I still do it several thousand dives later. Logbooks can be signed by either DM/Dive guide, instructor or buddy, so nothing wrong with your buddy doing it for you. You just wont have a stamp to authenticate it so to speak. You could always ask the centre you rent tanks from if you could use theirs though.

The log-book is for YOUR benefit. There is no need for any "official" sanctioning of log entries. Many divers stop logging dives completely.
And will have issue in some countries, where local law requires to have last dive not more than 6 months old or have Master Dive or higher card.
In most cases shop where you fill air can stamp in your log, in worse case your buddy may sign.

And will have issue in some countries, where local law requires to have last dive not more than 6 months old or have Master Dive or higher card.
Where's that? I'd like to know, so I can avoid those places.

In most cases shop where you fill air can stamp in your log, in worse case your buddy may sign.
"Worst case"? If I look through my log, I can easily count the number of stamped log entries on my fingers, while the bulk of my log entries are just signed by my buddy for that dive. If a dive op won't accept my AOW card and/or my unstamped logbook, I'll vote with my wallet and find another who will.

I guess it's a matter of regional practice. I hardly ever dive with a commercial op, and those around here who offer boat services offer just that. Boat services. No stamping, no in-water guides, no in-water DMs, no hand-holding. And if I were to ask my LDS to stamp my log entries, they'll start wondering what the heck is the matter with me...

Jack-Sparrow-in-Davy-Jones-Locker.jpg

huh? Please list the locations where you must surrender a signed/stamped logbook as proof of dives.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom