First Diving Summer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bc214

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I introduced myself a month or two ago and listed out my basic plan. So here is an update on what is, sadly enough, the end of my first diving season. I obtained my OW in the middle of July, and since then have logged 17 dives. Mostly quarry dives, with depths up to 80', and a couple of saltwater bay dives (including one night dive).

I am fortunate enough to have a LDS with a pool, and can work on my buoyancy often without having to make it all the way to a dive site. This has helped tremendously with my confidence and ability. Also, this has given me a good chance to work on my frog kick and trim.

I have been having a blast diving, and have luckily enough, not had any real issues. I obtained my own equipment, as shockingly enough, switched to a BP&W not long after. (That was a terrific investment by the way)

Although Scuba has been something that I have wanted to do for a while, the summer is over for me and I am back to school next week. Two jobs, a couple kids, and school will make any fall diving difficult. I have committed to a Sept. NJ wreck dive, but that will likely be the true end of the season.

I do however have a nice vacation planned for after this semester, and will be diving the Bahamas after Christmas.

So that is my short report on my very short dive habit so far. It's been a great summer, and thank you for all the tips and tricks on this forum. I'll still be around, just more of a lurker for a bit.

-BC

sounds like you are off to a great start. Ironically, the autumn starts our return to our shore dives up here. Plankton blooms are fewer with the waning days, the boats don't run offshore. In a few months I will be able to make a night dive at 9 in the morning and have great vis while doing it. Every place I dived seems to have its own cycle. Keep up the rate of diving.

Sounds great...good luck with your education, and keep diving!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

It looks like you've had a productive summer! Try to figure out a way to get wet at least once a month through the off season just to keep proficient. Even if it's in the pool.

Thanks everyone. DRIS, your shop is terrific by the way. I have thoroughly enjoyed my customer service experience with you guys.

I don't know how you could work it out, but Sept/Oct is the best diving of the year in NJ. Water is it's warmest, tropicals are washed in by the gulf stream. Lots of action in the back bays and inlets too.

Back
Top Bottom