Almost there

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Enjoy your cert dives, and plan a trip with your wife to someplace exotic with white sand beaches and crystal clear and warm water! That is nothing but a win-win! Congrats on getting through the training.

I started at 51, and am still an active diver nine years later. It's never too late!

Congrats;

Started at 53 and still get excited about getting wet.

Not nearly as active as TSandM, however I love to dive.
Slipping into the drysuit this weekend to splash in a local reservoir.

Dennis

Welcome to the underwater world!

Hey I waited 45 years to finally get certified...so I'm right there with you. I just finished up with the OW dives this past weekend. Now just waiting for the right time to get out there on my own. :)

Well, the pool work is done, the class room segments are done, the tests are taken, it is only a matter of doing the open water dive on the weekend of September 6 and 7th. I can't believe it took the better part of 50 years to get to do this, but at least it finally happened.

50 is the new 40! There's lotsa diving left in you.

I started at 51, and am still an active diver nine years later. It's never too late!
Exactly the same for me. Before that I was located where diving wasn't desirable. 60 is the new 60.

Well, the pool work is done, the class room segments are done, the tests are taken, it is only a matter of doing the open water dive on the weekend of September 6 and 7th. I can't believe it took the better part of 50 years to get to do this, but at least it finally happened.

Hey, I had a chance for a free scuba class when I was 22... 32 years later, I finally did my OW (May this year) and since I've logged another 25 dives and I'm off to the Philippines next weekend...

I believe some things are never too late to start, if I'd learned all those years ago, I'm sure life might not have turned out like it has... and I like it this way... so no regrets, and I'm enjoying it now.

Good luck with your dives...

Back
Top Bottom