Newly Certified this Past weekend !!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bshmerlie

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Just finished up my Open Water class this last weekend here in Southern California. We did the final dive at Catalina on the CeeRay. It was great fun and everyone of the boat was fantastic and patient with all of us newbies. :D

Now I'm just itching to get diving. If it wasn't for Hurricane Marie I'd probably already be out there on my boat diving. Now I'm just waiting for the surf to calm down and everything to clear back up. I'm already planning a trip to Florida in December and looking to set up a Cozumel trip for the early part of next year.

Yes...as you can tell I'm very excited. I really want to get some dive time in before Lobster season opens at the end of September. After that I want to look into doing some spear fishing and.....

I remember being newly certified... and how great it was to be underwater! Now umpteen yrs later it's still the same. It's been a journey.

Congrats! Have fun, be safe!

Congratulations!!! The best advice that i can offer you is this: KEEP ON DIVING!!!! The more experience you have, the more comfortable you will become in the water. Don't be in too much of a hurry to move on to the next thing... get some experience under your weight belt, and you will end up being a better, more confident diver. Just my 2 cents worth.

Adam

Congrats!

Good Luck & Good Diving.

Congratulations!!!

But let's not get carried away about the spearfishing and lobstering. Get your basic skills down first before trying to be the Great Underwater Hunter.

No worries...I'm a casual hunter anyways. If I see a good size Halibut or lobster I'd grab them but it's not my sole purpose for diving. These are just some of the things I want to do while I explore diving. Besides I'm with my 12 year old daughter...there's probably going to be more picture taking and chasing sea lions that anything else.

I remember being newly certified in Southern California. I couldn't wait to dive where it was warm. I rarely dived locally when I lived there. In retrospect, maybe if I had gotten into lobster hunting it would have been an incentive. Have fun!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom