Where do you book a scuba diving on net?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'd suggest googling the area you want to dive, for example, "dive shops, dive operators in Florida Keys". then you contact one of them. I'm not aware of any "universal" site for booking dives, though I could be wrong.

Hope all's well with you in Bulgaria the the beautiful Black Sea, and good diving to you.

I book almost all of our trips. Start with a destination you wish to go to, and then search dive shops in that area, as well as lodging. Once you find a spot, and lodging, check availble air travel options. Then , finding the best air fares dates, check back with the lodging to see their availability. I usually end up booking lodging and air separately. The I arrange any ground transportation, and if there is a package of dive with the local shop I buy that. It takes a little time to coordinate all but if you do you can save about 25 to 40% off a group trip price, over even a travel agent arranged trip. The local dive centers at dive destinations are a good source of information on the closest lodging, gounnd transport, and sometimes air fares. Take some time anb book the trip you want at a saving you will enjoy.
DivemasterDennis

some other sites?

You really have to give people a little more information on where you are looking to dive.

I would say you have received some pretty good tips so far.

You must have a general idea where you want to go otherwise it is more or less an impossible task eg. SE Asia = Brunei, Cambodia, East Timor, Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Thailand and Vietnam.
You also need to know what kind of diving that you are really interested eg. cave, coral, macro(mud), pelagic, technical, wrecks etc etc.
Every dive destination is unique in its own particular way.

Have fun in your research.

If you mean a week long dive trip, etc. I have done one (Panama). I googled the area first, then dive shops/ops around there. You want to be sure nothing unexpected happens when you arrive--such as no solo shore diving, you must be with a buddy or we supply the DM. Then to find out a $50 charge for each of 2 shore dives for the DM after the dives are done. I hadn't been told either. While it's not a ton of money, I may have forgone the 2 shore dives had I known of the charge. They weren't that great anyway. I told them that after $500 worth of boat dives plus generous DM tip--and patronizing their "hotel" for a week (screens needed...), they could absord the shore dive costs/pay the DM themselves.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom