How to paint diving mask?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Anytime123

Registered
Reaction score
Im about to get new mask, and i think that i will go for aqualung micromask (black). What i really hate about every mask out there (this too) is that they have printed logo and some text on them. I hate that, and i only look for black/silver combo, nothing else. What would be the best way to remove this printed material?

Btw. divers in mine city use this mask mainly for spearfishing and freediving, none of them used it for scuba diving. Does it perform same good?

You could always try a permanent marker like a Sharpie. It won't last forever but usually lasts pretty well and you can redo it when needed. You always run the risk of it looking worse than just leaving it alone though.

How about plasti dip. Never tried it but it should work and the great thing is that it is totally removable.

Maybe you could scrape off the ink with the edge of a razor blade? Or some fine grit sandpaper.

You can always tell the experienced divers by the way they repair their own equipment with duct tape, so why not just cover it?

The easiest way would probably be what Damselfish suggested. Quick, simple, cheap and will get the job done. Even if you can see the difference in colour up close, I don't think it would be noticeable from further away or underwater.

As for using the mask for Scuba, I don't see a problem as long as you can equalize. From my quick google search, it looks like a proper mask, not goggles. As for whether or not it's a 'good' scuba mask, I wouldn't know. I'm partial to any mask that doesn't have those nose-purge valves, otherwise I haven't tried enough masks to know what to look for.

My husband and I use the Aqualung Micromask. It's a good, high-quality mask. Our scuba shop sold a lot of them.

Green scrubby pad and a magic clean eraser will take off the white print.
You are going to scuff your plastic as a result though. It is noticeable.

For the embossed wording you're SOL. Unless you want to get real nifty with an Xacto knife.

Plasti Dip won't stick to silicone or rubber; tried already.

And nothing wrong with using a low profile mask for scuba, in terms of function.

Im about to get new mask, and i think that i will go for aqualung micromask (black). What i really hate about every mask out there (this too) is that they have printed logo and some text on them. I hate that, and i only look for black/silver combo, nothing else. What would be the best way to remove this printed material?

mf-140214-246487030411076960.jpg

Ray Purkis

Last edited:
you can always tell the experienced divers by the way they repair their own equipment with duct tape, so why not just cover it?

lmao !! 🙊

Back
Top Bottom