Aqualung Impression mask reviews?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Anytime123

Registered
Reaction score
Hi!

Cant find much about this mask Impression

Has anyone used it? Is it okay for freediving?

impression_black.png

My boyfriend purchased this for when we do our ow cert in October. We're going to test it this weekend. He purchased this mask because he has a big head and beard. Was the only mask to fit his face

Check out the Hog Razorback
Hog Razorbak Frameless Mask - Dive Right in Scuba
If you don't need Rx lenses, it's a kickass mask especially for $25.....

Also remember that black skirts are better than clear, clear discolors and is also distracting since ambient light can come in and it screws with your peripheral vision

I have one - I'm on my second now. The main feature I like is the knuckles on the strap. It means that where ever you position the strap on your head it doesn't affect the mask seal. Mine never leaks ever - not a drop! That said on the odd occasion I don't apply de fogger properly and I get some misting letting a little water in can be more difficult that it should be.

If it FITS properly that's what matters most as for black or clear I shoot underwater video and stills professionally and I have both black and clear masks and it doesn't make a difference to me which I use.

Also remember that black skirts are better than clear, clear discolors and is also distracting since ambient light can come in and it screws with your peripheral vision

I'd been told this before regarding the clear masks, but I have to say that I didn't notice any peripheral issues.

I went in with the intention of getting a Hollis but came out with an Aeris Europa as it just fell into place better on my face. So like others have said, go with what fits.

I've been diving the all black model since it came into our shop. Fits great on most divers and very low volume. Volume is so low and fit so good that it tends to fog a bit under certain conditions. Your dead if you are a nose breather as it will fog for sure

...Volume is so low and fit so good that it tends to fog a bit under certain conditions. Your dead if you are a nose breather as it will fog for sure

Do others have this experience with this, or other low volume masks? I found the Impression mask in the LDS. I love the increase in peripheral vision (primarily less blockage between my eyes) and it doesn't interfere with the bridge of my nose like many of the other low volume masks do.

But I'll be annoyed if slight air from my nose will cause it to fog. Right now I have a cheap Phantom Aquatics mask but sometimes have to close 1 eye to see near the periphery (my SPG for example). It fits good and doesn't leak though, and doesn't fog if I spit in it before every dive.

no experience with that specific mask, but with the super low volume masks, especially in cold water, you need to be doing cold water treatments. You need to be doing them on every dive anyway, but in cold water it helps to lower your face skin temperature which helps to minimize fogging

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom