Done

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

EricM.

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
After a middle ear infection sidelined me a couple of weeks ago, and kept me from getting two of my dives done, I went back to the quarry last weekend and nailed it. I am now a certified OWD. I actually have one dive toward my next level as well. I find that diving is as calming as anything I have ever done. Can't wait to do more.

Welcome! Any plans to make it to the coast for some wreck diving? You know NC has the goods on that right?

Congratulations. Now your journey can begin.
Enjoy your diving, I also find that diving is the most calming activity I have participated in.
My advice, ignore if you choose
Don't chase C Cards
Don't be preasurised into buying gear until you know you need it.
Try as many types of diving as you can, dry suit, tropical, etc.
Find a local dive club of like minded individuals, having someone to chat with helps.

Congratulations! Now, dive, dive, dive. I agree with you as to diving being calming. Done right, scuba diving is like underwater meditation, relaxing, calming, and then.....Wham! there is a new fish, or fish behavior, or a shark, or a turtle, and I can't help it, I get excited, every time. Then I calm down again, most of the time. Well, sometimes. I did once.
DivemasterDennis

congrats, make sure you join the PDRA, you have two of the best training locations quite close to you and you are in the middle of a boat load of phenomenal divers, the Raleigh Area Divers group is great on facebook, NC Divers forum isn't particularly active, but you will find dive buddies there. Mentors are abound, which is a good thing.

Congratulations. I agree, mentors are great (wish I had had one). Also a good idea to try to buddy with someone who is Rescue certified. This is also a level many feel every diver should get to. I always advise looking at that once your skills (buoyancy, at ease with equipment, etc.) are quite solid. Then as soon as possible.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom