hot water in second stage

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lobbolt

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I have a newbie question. Does running pretty hot water through the second stage damage it at all? I've done this a few times and I just started wondering about it. Thanks.

i might be wrong but as long as it's fresh water, and you dry it out {i mean put it on a tank and blow the water out i don't think it'll do it too much harm}
if you are in a soft water area be better, less calcium an crap in the water

I would not go with hot water. I believe it will have a greater tendency to wash lub off of the o-rings. O-ring should not be damaged but I'm not sure how the diaphram and exhaust valve will take it. Warm water should be adequate.

lobbolt:
I have a newbie question. Does running pretty hot water through the second stage damage it at all? I've done this a few times and I just started wondering about it. Thanks.

I would use warm,not hot.
Seems too hard on the seals and stuff! no reason to use hot.

lobbolt:

I guess I have to ask you the purpose of the hot water.

As others have said, it's really not a good idea. Most of the time it's best to soak your regs in lukewarm water. If you have concerns about water borne organisms or salt deposits, there are other steps you can take to handle these issues.

DSDO,

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom