Hello from Hartford

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

brandnew

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello,

I'm new to diving and interested in meeting people/ diving partners/ carpool partners who live in the same area I do.

So here it goes, is there anyone else who lives close? Where are the good places to go diving.

Ernest

Divers Cove in Essex (google search em). They have a fun dive every Wed. at 5-6 pm. They introduce new divers to the area. They have a divemaster with them who brings O2 etc. A great way to get new buddies.Most dive at Stonington point.

Diver's Cove is a very freindly shop also and goes out of their way to assist new divers. You don't feel sales pressure when you walk into Diver's Cove and I've dove with them for 8 years now. But don't take advantage of them also like the guy who walks in with a fill and expects an immediate VIS on the tank also (they are very busy). The shop has a lifetime knowledge of New England diving inland and on the sea.

Much closer to you, in Rocky Hill is the Scuba Shack. They offer a full line shop for everyone,
and specialize in higher end gear for more technical minded divers.The owner is somewhat of a local dive celebrity, being (I think) the only GUE instructor in the area, and offers clases from Bouyancy 1, to GUE fundies. The main line in the shop is Apeks / Aqualung, and Halcyon. They also own Brownstone park in portland, just minutes from Hartford, and a good place to grab a dive on short notice. There is also New England dive center in Wallingford, Family owned and run, they are great people, and Paul is one of the nicest (funniest) guys you can find in a dive shop. Thier base line is Scubapro, but offer a lot of other lines, and tech gear as well. The shop is CRAMMED with stuff! I live in Portland, 2 min. from the quarry, and Scubasaurus is damn near as close. If you want to meet locals, the quarry is probably the best place to go, as there are weekly classes there, and usually several local guys just getting wet.

Go ahead and post here when you plan on diving and you might find someone who can be your buddy for the dive. It's how I made connections when I first started. I still dive with some of them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom