Sebago Lakes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RAD Diver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hey all, Im going to be in Maine at the end of July for a family reunion.I live in Va. Beach & belong to the Mid-Atlantic Bottom Feeders & North Carolina Wreck Divers forums of Scuba Board.
I was just going to bring my water ski, but Ive heard there is an sumerged aircraft somewhere in the region & Im always looking to put my gear to use in as many different locals as possible.
I dont have a dry suit , but I do have a Mares 6.5 semi-dry,my reg is DIN Mares Pro-Metal with a cold water kit. Ive been in 52 degree water & had no problems with being cold.
I did see a link someone put up on another thread about diving in Maine & I will check it out, but I was hoping for some personal input.
Thanks
Robert Duncan

RAD Diver:
Hey all, Im going to be in Maine at the end of July for a family reunion.I live in Va. Beach & belong to the Mid-Atlantic Bottom Feeders & North Carolina Wreck Divers forums of Scuba Board.
I was just going to bring my water ski, but Ive heard there is an sumerged aircraft somewhere in the region & Im always looking to put my gear to use in as many different locals as possible.
I dont have a dry suit , but I do have a Mares 6.5 semi-dry,my reg is DIN Mares Pro-Metal with a cold water kit. Ive been in 52 degree water & had no problems with being cold.
I did see a link someone put up on another thread about diving in Maine & I will check it out, but I was hoping for some personal input.
Thanks
Robert Duncan

I believe the aircraft is quite deep and can't be done without the proper equipment.

There is a British aircraft at about 200ft - a bit beyond recreational diving! There was actually quite a feud going on the past couple years about this. A salvage company wanted to retrieve it, but the Brits are saying it should be left in place since the lives of the pilot(s) were lost there. I don't know what was decided but I know it is still out there.
Sebago is cold. Very cold. And dark. And not much life. Last month it was 41 deg at the surface. I spent 1.5 hours in the water doing some moring work. I live about 2 miles from it and have little interest in spending much more time there. Of course there is plenty of artifact diving there. Tons of watches/jewlery etc from all the boat traffic.
If you want some good diving just head to the ocean. Some great sites within an hours drive.
Enjoy.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom