Sat Night Ledge and 1/2way rock - Daybreaker

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

vetdiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
We did some dives from the Daybreaker on Saturday am - Saturday night Ledge was 1st - about 110 ft, mid-40's below the thermocline, vis pretty nice, 25 ft or more. Beautiful site - this was the first time I've been there, and we really enjoyed it. Down for about 20 minutes or so. Second dive was at halfway rock - we maxed out at about 70 ft, then came up to spend most of the dive around 35-40 ft, same temps and vis. Managed about 50 min before I could no longer feel my fingers.

One cool thing - Fran was not captaining the boat...because he is off on a little trip...to the North Atlantic...to look at a certain wreck which can oly be reached by submersible...called the Titanic. Absolutely AMAZING - I am waiting to see him on the Discovery channel...

vetdiver:
We did some dives from the Daybreaker on Saturday am - Saturday night Ledge was 1st - about 110 ft, mid-40's below the thermocline, vis pretty nice, 25 ft or more. Beautiful site - this was the first time I've been there, and we really enjoyed it. Down for about 20 minutes or so. Second dive was at halfway rock - we maxed out at about 70 ft, then came up to spend most of the dive around 35-40 ft, same temps and vis. Managed about 50 min before I could no longer feel my fingers.

One cool thing - Fran was not captaining the boat...because he is off on a little trip...to the North Atlantic...to look at a certain wreck which can oly be reached by submersible...called the Titanic. Absolutely AMAZING - I am waiting to see him on the Discovery channel...

Captain Chad Smith is operating Day Breaker in Fran's absence. Technical diver, Unlimited Tonnage Oceans license, and a great guy. Talk about opportunity of a lifetime for Fran!

--Matt

matt_unique:
Captain Chad Smith is operating Day Breaker in Fran's absence. Technical diver, Unlimited Tonnage Oceans license, and a great guy. Talk about opportunity of a lifetime for Fran!

--Matt

Chad certainly seemed like a great guy - very easygoing. I thought I heard someone say that he's prepping for a Doria dive???

We'll be back out with them in a few weeks - I think Fran will be back then, hopefully ready to spill the details of his trip.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom