Picket's Ledge

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MASS-Diver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi Guys,

I'm diving Paddock Rock and Pickets w/ CAD on the 13th. I've done Paddock a bunch of times, however, I've never dove Picket's. I've heard it's nice. Anyone have any tips (i.e. where's the deep spot)?

MASS-Diver:
Hi Guys,

I'm diving Paddock Rock and Pickets w/ CAD on the 13th. I've done Paddock a bunch of times, however, I've never dove Picket's. I've heard it's nice. Anyone have any tips (i.e. where's the deep spot)?

John,

Pickett's is a great spot...I've dove it 3-4 times with CAD -- all kinds of cool canyon, mini-wall topography. Saw one of the largest school of fish I've ever seen there (hundreds of large fish -- bluefish, I think....had some underwater pics that didn't come out very well due to backscatter).

Awyway, don't remember enough about the details of where the deepest spots are, but they normally provide a pretty detailed dive briefing...if memory serves me correctly you can hit 70-80 feet if you head in the right direction.

Enjoy.

Chris

Dove Paddock and picketts today with CAD. Despite about 20 previous dives at Paddock, much to my embarassment, I got lost. We entered the trench much further toward one end than normal and swam out past the big rock wall - when we turned around, we ended up on the wrong side. After 40 minutes of wandering @ 75', I shot a bag and we headed up. We were actually pretty close to the boat, but it was still a bummer. Second dive went smoothley. Despite the screw-up, it was a fun day. Temp was a chilly 45degrees at depth, vis was about 20' at both sites.

Back
Top Bottom