Block Island Wrecks... Aug 11

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

raxafarian

Contributor
Reaction score
Any interest in doing a boat dive on some Block Island area wrecks? I'm checking into aug. 11th availability.

I'm also checking # divers the boat will take... I am guessing 6. I'm also checking into non-diving riders. I should have firm info tomorrow... just looking for interest.

Cost is probably around 70.00 each... 2 tank trip.

Myself and mrs. rax = 2

Could you give me some more info on what to expect on this trip? Lyd and I haven't done many local dives, but have a total of about 30, the last 6 of which were at WreckMania in Deerfield Beach, Fl.

Skill level required? We've had some good experience, just not in cold water.

Boat leaves at 8:00 AM, approx. return time?

Approx. max depth?

I'd appreciate any other info you can think of. We really want to get in some more New England dives!!!!

Thanks,

Scuba-sass :)

Originally posted by scuba-sass
Skill level required? We've had some good experience, just not in cold water.

The Idene is a pretty simple wreck... A swim through bridge, a big hold. I'd guess 100 fsw to the sand. The deck is about 80 fsw, my max depth [I believe at the bottom of the hold] was 90 fsw. I was on 32%

My max depth was 90 fsw

Boat leaves at 8:00 AM, approx. return time?

First dive we were in the water around 10AM, second dive was about 12:45, I'm pretty sure we were back at the dock around 2:00.

I'll try to dig up the pictures....

Originally posted by scuba-sass
Could you give me some more info on what to expect on this trip?

we can probably find dives to accommodate the least experienced.... which is probably my wife. Probably 90' max. The boat will probably want an AOW card... but I'll check on that... waiting to hear back from 2 different charters.

If we go to the south side of block ... it's about 1 1/2 hr ride... dive once, move to another site... dive... back around 2.

Ken

Ok... the boat will hold 4 total with a possible 5th non-diver. I have 2 definite. Need at least 1 more... up to 2 more. Will wait until tomorrow before telling the boat captain to get some extra people.

He wants to see proof of cert. and dives equivilant to the expected dive profile.... so AOW and recent dives to 80-90 ft (up here... not caribbean).

If someone is interested, but not qualified for an 85' dive, we can discuss alternate dive locations, but would need a firm commitment.

let me know by 5pm wed.

Ken

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom