Who to dive with in Cape Cod?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

danja

Reaction score
Greetings. I will be in Cape Cod for this first week of August and was wondering if anyone would be interested in diving with an attentive newbie,(30 dives). Perhaps someone knows of a reputable opperation and/or site that they would recommend. Thanks.

Hello Danja,

welcome (Scub)aBoard!

The NELD-ers will be here shortly...

The Cape is just about one big sandbar, so shore diving is a bit limited. But, here's a few sites Sandwich Town Beach(STB), Garbage Beach, Falmouth, Corporation Beach, Dennis and Hathaway Pond(fresh), Barnstable. As far as charter boats go, you'll have to wait for someone else...I've never used one down the Cape before. Good luck and have fun on the Cape.

LobstaMan

I haven't bben able to find dive charters around here. If you are interested in a buddy for shore dives, let me know. Garbage beach is my regular spot. I've also dived Sandwich Town beach and Hathaways pond.

Hathaways pond is often used by dive classes for check out dives, and has a sunken 30' cabin cruiser, as well as a saab and a lawn tractor.

Sandwich town beach supposed is great for lobstering. Tho bottom there is neat beccause it use to be a marsh.

Garbage beach is on the south side of the cape so the water is warm. You can easilly get over 60' from the shore. Just make sure you use a compass to get back to the beach. You could end up in 30' of water and have to go through 60' deep water to get back to the shore, and you don't want to come up under a ferry.

Where exactly is GB? IS it that stretch of grass across from MLB, next to the NOAA finger pier? WHere do you park? (Always an issue in WH.) Giant stide entry off the Landfall deck?

paulthenurse:
Where exactly is GB? IS it that stretch of grass across from MLB, next to the NOAA finger pier? WHere do you park? (Always an issue in WH.) Giant stide entry off the Landfall deck?

at the end of water street (Main St. Woods hole) park at a meter. There is a small piece of sand right before the NOAA building. This is garbage beach.

Park on the street at a meter. Usually parking during the week is no problem. and weekends before 11 AM there are plenty of meters.

This week parking sucked because of the wood hole film festival. Monday night at aroung 8pm i had to drop of my buddy and out gear and park way down by the yacht club. (about a 10 minute walk)

Back
Top Bottom