Brant Rock 8/20?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

okiscub

Registered
Reaction score
Hi - I am a beginner diver and was wondering if anyone would be interested in a Brant Rock dive on the afternoon of 8/20. I have a boat but heard you can go out from shore. I'm open to either option.

If you have a boat available that is by far the preferable option - it'll save you about a mile swim to get any depth! There is some very good diving in the area, but best by boat as it is so shallow for so far. Over by the Garnet is very nice diving as well

I agree that if you wanted depth take the boat. Though for shore diving Brant has pretty easy parking and entry so if a very convenient site as long as it's high tide. Low tide forego the tank and bcd and just snorkel it!! cant be much more than 12ft deep. useually around 17 max at high tide.

what are the tides for the morning of the 19th?

okiscub, if you wanted; PM me, I should be able to dive August 19th (that's a saturday am yes?. I have a cold know that i've had for about a week, but cant imagine i'll be still by the 19th) I am on the south shore as well, quincy actually.

~scubastew/steve

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom