primary light

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I plan on doing a majority of my diving in new england. What does everyone use for a primary light up here? Shopping for a light is making my eyes cross. I like the idea and feel of the pistol grip. Should I be looking for an LED?

Depends on what your budget is. The least Ide recommend is a UK C-8 light. LED would last longer I believe and be more expensive.

although it hurts the budget you can't go wrong with a HID can light... especially one from salvo with a remote head and 21 watts

i like my UK 100, but a can is always a better option, i think all depends on your budget.

I have used several lights....of course a canister HID or Halogen are the best. Regardless I really like the Kinetics Q40 (I believe) I will strongly recomend a white light versus a yellowish !

LED are highly visible put they try to cover too much area that really will not work for long distances (vs. a norrow beam). They are just great to light small areas. So I will stick to a narrow beam and white 5300k

Sounds like a canister light is the way to go. I was tempted to jump right in and get a cheap light. Where do you get canister lights?

ckjacques53198:
Sounds like a canister light is the way to go. I was tempted to jump right in and get a cheap light. Where do you get canister lights?

I just last week got a used/rebuilt Dive Rite canister light at Northeast Scuba for less than half the retail price. Tom had three or four to choose from that he wants to get rid of.

Go to www.nocturnallights.com . Tim is member here. Look also in the manufacturers forum under.. get ready for it.... Nocturnal Lights! I have and recommend the TL50 Extreme. He may have some demos from DEMA and you may be really surprised at the price.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom