And now for something completely different

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MSilvia

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi folks... it's good to be back and able to log on and post. I got laid off recently, and there was a bit of a snafu with changing my email on scubaboard. Thanks Spectre for clearing that up.

I'm not sure what I'll be doing next, but I'm seriously considering enrolling in (and have requested information packets from) one of several Ph.D. programs in marine archaeology. I was ready for a change of pace anyhow.

Yea, was a little worried about you. I tried to PM you to thank you for the shirt and got a weird "not accepting PMs" message. Glad to hear you're ok.

Sorry to hear you lost your job but I do know that such things can work for the best. Maybe just the push you needed to do the PHD? The world could use an archaeologist that started as a wreck diver :)

Tom

I have been laid off three times in my career. Each one was not easy, but in the long run has been better for me. This last one was the worse, since I had to move into cold country from Florida, but all in all, it's been good. I have a lot further to go to get to warm water, but I'll manage. My new job is 100 times less stressful and my wife is flying nearly every day as a flight instructor, which makes her really happy. She would be even happier with a flying job that pays some real money, but you can't have everything and that will come as well.

Take care and enjoy life,

Hey Matt,

Good to hear from you. I was wondering where you went also.

Hope you're still planning to stick around Boston.

New beginnings! New adventures in life. Embrace it and do it right, do something you love if you can!

Glad to see ya back on the boards!

on the job search. I am sure it will work out for you in the long run.

I too am glad to see you back on the board.

Chad

I'll definately keep you posted as I figure out exactly what the hell it is I'll be doing next. In the mean time, I've been doing some research on locations of wrecks, and hope to have some strong leads and hopefully a recon permit for next season.

Back
Top Bottom