Saturday Night ledge

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MASS-Diver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Have any of you dove Saturday Night Ledge?

I've heard it's a nice dive and I was wondering what the max depth was, exact location, what the bottom is like, etc?

I didn't realize it was that deep, sounds cool though.

Might be a nice warm up for the U-853, sounds like the moring ends at 95' which is good, 120' is pretty deep for me and I'm not really interested in seeing 140' on air (at least not in the NE).

Does CAD run boats to it?

MASS-Diver once bubbled...
Does CAD run boats to it?

I think that trip report mentioned they were diving off the CAD boats, but I don't know if they go there as part of their regular schedule.

Call 'em!

I'm going to go out sometime in the next month with CAD to do two "shallow" dives and I'll be sure to ask Steve or Dave or whoever is captain what the deal is with SNL and I'll be sure to post back here, as it seems like not alot of people talk about his site.

BTW that NE DIR site is crazy! Those dumping grounds wrecks are really somthing. I know a few of the guys who have reports posted on there and they are certainly the real deal.

Cape Ann DIvers calls SNL a "invitation only" dive. CApt. Steve has to be comfortable with you as a diver before you can go out there.

We chartered the big boat last year for a dive out there. I dont recommend going with a big bunch. Visibility drops to zip after everyone goes down and stirs it up. It s a nice dive with a small group. We had 14 people on the boat, and it was a nightmare. Andy Martinez was on the boat with us, and he was hoping to get some pics, but the vis was nasty. I dont think he got anything great.

If you have a group of guys that wants to go there, I recommend booking it thru the DOnna 3 (Doug Currier). PM me and I can give you his number.

Nice site though, and it gets deep... GOod for training..

I'll be sure to ask Steve if he would allow me and my two buddies to dive there at somepoint.

So, where is SNL, is it mud bottom?

Do you dive off the Donna3 alot? I've heard they pretty much cater to a tight knit group of NS based tech divers (some of whom are on this board), is that accurate?

Also, if you don't me asking, what LDS do you work for? I frequent a few down here on the South Shore, but, if there isn't a DIR-F course around here this summer, my buddies and I are looking to get some more traning in the form of a good wreck course or maybe an exteneded range nitrox course as a warmup for trimix sometime in '04 or '05, so we are looking at courses outside and in addition to those offered by our regular LDSs.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom