Water Temps Lately

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PK

Contributor
Reaction score
Sounds like quite a few of you have been diving in New England lately (Cohasset, RI, Cape Anne). So what are the water temps like?

I can't wait to get back in the water!

PK once bubbled...
Sounds like quite a few of you have been diving in New England lately (Cohasset, RI, Cape Anne). So what are the water temps like?

I can't wait to get back in the water!

Well, on May 11th up at Isles of Shoals it ranged from 45F at 30ft, to 48-49F on the surface, to 50F in shallow 10ft inlets. I would guess it should be pretty close to 50 around Cape Ann this weekend, but haven't dove there yet this season so I can't be certain. My friend dove Back Beach (or was it Stage Fort?) last Sunday and said it felt warmer than the Shoals, though she didn't have the exact temp.

-Roman.

Not really it was only a 28 min. dive

Made the entrance at the old fort (second parking lot) and followed the left wall. The deepest reading in our group was 89'.

Water's warm enough. Had 53 surface temp, 47 at depth last Sat when dove off Portsmouth, NH. Was comfortable w/ 7MM Semi-dry and 3MM vest underneath. It's best when when low winds and sunny. With temps in 40s/50's, overcast, windy, it really makes a difference in between dives and at end of dive.

Weather forecast not looking good for this weekend. Rainy, windy.

It was 50degs in 25' of water today off cohasset. No bugs

Looks like bad weather this weekend:(

I have been waiting to hear it break 50!!! Yipee!!

Diving in Ft. Wetherell next Saturday!! 1st dive of season...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom