Sunday - This Sunday - 6/8

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

shellbird

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Looking for a buddy, Ft. Wetherell, RI. I guarantee I wil be there at 9:30 the latest....

Doder and I are going on Saturday. She has to work on Sunday but I'm pretty certain that there is nothing that will prevent me from making another dive on Sun. So if you still need a buddy I can make it.

they are saying the weather will be fair and in the 80s too, I am so excited, first dive of the year.

I'll see you there, say 9:30 ish...

I found a buddy free on Sunday..... so how do we get there? :)

-Jon

Jonnythan, I was just coming back to this thread to ask if you were interested in buddying up on Saturday... But you already updated the "status. :( Oh well...

-Roman.

Directions to Fort Wetherill
Thanks to Rax and the rest of the Connecticut Contingent

From the North

I-95 south thru providence to exit 9 (rt. 4)...this is a left exit

Continue on Rt 4 [there is only south] to Rt. 1 South [There is nothing to do here, it just becomes Rt 1]

Shortly after Rt 4 becomes Rt 1, you want to get on Rt. 138 east.

Rt. 138 east over 1st big bridge toward jamestown/newport

Continue to last exit before 2nd bridge (exit for Jamestown)

Follow that road straight thru town...marina on your left...

bear left at Ft. Wetherill sign (About 1 mile after exiting town)
turn right into Ft. Wetherill, and immediately turn left.

Follow 100yds or so to parking lot on right... there is a boat ramp in this parking lot.

find a spot

From the South

I95 North to Exit 3 in RI. (Rt. 138 exit)

Take Rt. 138 East.

A couple of miles past URI (Univ. of RI) you will have to turn left onto Rt. 1 (this is also still Rt.138 east)

Watch for, and take the Rt.138 east exit toward Newport and then follow above directions.

jonnythan once bubbled...
I found a buddy free on Sunday..... so how do we get there? :)

-Jon

devil's advocate suggested another route to bypass 138...

take exit 5 and then 102 & rte 4 or something like that...look on a map...I think it was faster than 138 ......not as much traffic....

btw, I'll pass on Sunday...if I do get to dive, it'll be to do my 2 OW nitrox tanks locally

have fun

Will you be in RI on Sunday? Couldn't tell if this was a yes or no...

notabob once bubbled...
Jonnythan, I was just coming back to this thread to ask if you were interested in buddying up on Saturday... But you already updated the "status. :( Oh well...

-Roman.

shellbird once bubbled...
Will you be in RI on Sunday? Couldn't tell if this was a yes or no...

One would think you of all people would recognize a 'maybe' when you see one, eh shellbird? :wink:

Actually I'm still not sure. Won't be until Sunday morning. I'll have my gear ready to go, but it will all depend on the weather. If it's flyable, then I'm going flying. If it's not flyable, then I'm going diving. You guys were thinking of meeting when? 10-11am?

-Roman.

notabob once bubbled...

One would think you of all people would recognize a 'maybe' when you see one, eh shellbird? :wink:

-Roman.

That hurts...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom