Catchers mitt or a crusher claw!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

livestodive

Contributor
Reaction score
We did two dives at Magnolia Rocks today. At about 23 feet my buddy lifted a lobster to show me. The crusher claw looked like a catchers mitt. It was at least 4" over gauge size. After looking at the knobs on that crusher I can say with certainity I will not reach into a hole with a claw that big in it.

first dive low tide (ouch)

36' 48 mins
surface temp around 52 degs.

thermo was around 25' or so mid 40's

second

1hr 4 mins 30 ft.

and a wild ride into shore with 6 bugs.

for NELD??? Some of us can only drool at the thought of bagging those lobsters! How about sharing the wealth and putting on a little lobster bake for your fellow non-bugging divers??? Huh? How about it? PLEEASE?>>>>>

the sole reason we work so hard to catch bugs is so that we can give them away:D

Just kidding:wink: I'm sure you would be happy to provide all the other lobstah bake essentials and do the clean-up. (Here's where I usually lose the "entitled" folks)

Shell, I promise if I ever get more than 4 bugs I will contact u:) Hasn't happened yet but my "real" hunting season starts Monday now that my wife is out of School. No more Daddy Day Care!!!!!

My friend caught this one a couple of years ago. WAY oversized! We put it right back in it's hole. Make more babies!

The crusher was 3' longer than my hand and looked like a catchers mit. Think pie plate in size prolly in the 17lb range. We only held it for a min and let it go, I think it was a male but I am only guessing at this. I was shown how to tell but am not sure if I checked it right. I was very leary of getting pinched. If it had not been such a rough entry for this dive I would have had a camera, but it was just too rough. We both crawled out as the swells got pretty large over the course of the 2 dives.

Shell I am all for a NELD lobster bake, I just need enough time to set it up at work. I work weekends and have a tough time getting weekends off. With enough notice I can get one though. I work early in the am til a lil after noon, so even the evening get togethers are a lil off time for me. I have to rise at 4 am. (ouch) Lets try to set something up and see what happens.

I don't usually eat them my wife and girls do. I don't mind providing what I can for a get together. My son who does well with getting them is allergic LOL, it is a funny thing watching him get pinched and then give the bugs to others.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom