drysuits

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jimbiana

Reaction score
Well I just recently started diving, I'm begining to feel the need to obtain a dry suit and rather then post in the dry suit catagory, I'm looking to find out what other new englanders are using for dry suits. I could really use some help in trying to find a nice one for a good deal, basically because as a poor college student its hard to afford the finer things in life. Right now I'm looking at a Dive Rite 905 dry suit for thousand, but I'm not sure, i don't know if its a good deal or not. Please help.

I dive with a Bare ATR-HD suit which I'm very pleased with. The Diverite 905 looks like a decent suit, too. A lot of people will push DUI, but I don't believe they make a suit that is over $1k better than Bare, Viking, Diverite, etc.

You need a suit that is tough....beyond that, the undergarment is what keeps you warm. I'm playing the drysuit undergarment game right now, trying to find something better than my multiple layers of fleece.

On a side note, I have some good friends that live "up on the mountain" in Northfield. I grew up in Williston (near Burlington).

I picked up a DUI CLX 450 dry suit for $1000.00 early this year. I just received a Diving Concepts TPS thinsulate supreme undergarment. The undergarment fits like a glove and its stretchy. I love it.

Yeah I'm up here at Norwich University finishing up my senior year...Its so hard not being able to get alittle salt water diving in right now but I guess I'll make due with Lake Champlain (I just hope champ doesn't get me). I just took care of my Advance Diving Coarse and Rescue Diving Coarse up at Victory Sports in Colchester, and that was great, but when its forty degrees outside and your changing into a wetsuit I realized I would have loved to dive dry for those days plus I really want to try the ice diving coarse they offer during the winter and I don't think a wetsuit will work for that one.
I've just started the search for a dry suit and I've found a shop in long island thats selling Dacor dry suits for 500 which includes the shiping but I'm alittle bit iffy on purchasing one threw them just because its a mail order with no look at the suit. Then I recently tried the dive rite suit on and it fit awsome, but I wasn't sure of the price. Also I was wondering if you had any opions of the material the suit should be made out of, I need it to be strong especially when I'm off diving cathedral rock or Normans Woe, two of my favorite sites.
thanks,
Jim

Back
Top Bottom