Any ct divers still getting wet

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubabills

Registered
Reaction score
I dove the frozen finn dive newyears day in Newlondon Ct and it was a big turn out. Towmorow night a few of use are diving. Whos still getting wet?
Im always looking for some new dive buddies. Let me know if your still diving?

I got wet in Cayman Dec 7-12. Seriously, not diving dry yet. Just got into scuba over the summer. With what I've spent so far if I drop coin on a dry suit this year my wife will cut off my................

Wish I could go but I have to work nights. Maybe next Tuesday? I am diving dry though. I can't hack the wet suit anymore. Any place in particular you are diving? More importantly have you seen any lobster lately?

This summer I dove Ft. Weatherill for the first time. I was amazed how much warmer the water temps are a little further south from Cape Ann. I saw divers going in with out gloves/hoods and thought they were nuts. Once in, I knew why as I overheated in my 7MM hooded suit.

Water temps a week ago I had 39/40 degree water. I figure might at be tad warmer in Ct open ocean. mid 40s at least?

reefseal:
This summer I dove Ft. Weatherill for the first time. I was amazed how much warmer the water temps are a little further south from Cape Ann. I saw divers going in with out gloves/hoods and thought they were nuts. Once in, I knew why as I overheated in my 7MM hooded suit.

Water temps a week ago I had 39/40 degree water. I figure might at be tad warmer in Ct open ocean. mid 40s at least?

Monday night the water was 43 degrees. Im diving Ft. weatherill this sat the water temp should still be in the 40s.

Doder:
Wish I could go but I have to work nights. Maybe next Tuesday? I am diving dry though. I can't hack the wet suit anymore. Any place in particular you are diving? More importantly have you seen any lobster lately?

Monday night in ct we saw a bunch of lobsters but only a few keepers.

We have started a Beavertail club. Our main goal is to dive beavertail once a month for a whole year with one night dive. Our last dive was after the frozen fin dive on Jan 2 with great viz. Everyone takes a spill going down the small cliff. We hope to do the feburary dive ASAP depending on ocean waves and temperature. We also make up the rules for the club at the bar afterwards over hot soup, chowder, and beer.

ScubaSarus:
We have started a Beavertail club. Our main goal is to dive beavertail once a month for a whole year with one night dive. Our last dive was after the frozen fin dive on Jan 2 with great viz. Everyone takes a spill going down the small cliff. We hope to do the feburary dive ASAP depending on ocean waves and temperature. We also make up the rules for the club at the bar afterwards over hot soup, chowder, and beer.

WHo did you dive Beavertail with on Jan 2. I think we might know each other.
Id love to join you on your next dive to Beavertail. I dove Fort Wetherill today, water temp was 41 degrees. Did you dive with Earl. If the Weather is good ill be in jamestown Next weekend.

BINGO!!! Yes with Earl. I think I may have met you. My names Chris. You would be more than welcome on our next dive. We plan on going off the tip were there is an easy entry. I think we are planning for a short dive for the next 2 months. We'll see how we fell once in the water.

If you need Earls email. Email me at chris0381@seniorglobe.org.

Take care

Back
Top Bottom