Nubble Light dive buddy wanted

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

coldatlanticsea

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
hello all,

I'm a fairly new diver from Rhode Island. I've done a couple dives in Rhode Island and Cape Ann, but I'm particularly interested in diving Nubble Light sometime in the next few weeks. I'm looking for a buddy, preferably someone with experience at the site, but I'd be more than happy to dive with another green horn.

I'll be in the area between 15-19 September if you're willing to go then. It will be my first time there, so you'll be with another green horn.

I've done 2 dives there and live about a half hour away. When would you be interested in going?

Anytime during that period, actually between the 15th and 18th, I'll be leaving the 19th. Will a 5/4/3 wetsuit be warm enough?

Variable thicknesses of neoprene (in millimeters). I think it's 5mm in the core area, and 3 in the arms (for more flexibility) but not sure.

I'm guessing 5mm on the core, 4 on the legs and 3 on the arms. Borderline for a shallow dive at Nubble even now. Most wet divers will be in 7mm usually with 2X on the core. Drysuits will also be common. Hood Booties and gloves will also be needed.

I'm an hour away with time and the desire to dive that week. I've done three dives at Nubble this summer. Got a firm date yet?

Tide doesn't really cooperate: high tide is late afternoon, possibly making entry/exit exciting for earlier dives.
-

I'm guessing 5mm on the core, 4 on the legs and 3 on the arms. Borderline for a shallow dive at Nubble even now. Most wet divers will be in 7mm usually with 2X on the core. Drysuits will also be common. Hood Booties and gloves will also be needed.

You need a wetsuit there?

nubble.jpg

I wear a 8mm aqualung, and I feel great. You can get down to 60' around the corner. I'm sure I could wear less, but I'm not 'hot' in my 8mm.

Back
Top Bottom