diving in Nova Scotia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

charlie tuna

Reaction score
are there any fellow divers who have done any diving in Nova Scotia as i am planning on going there this August to the Lunenburg area. I hear there is some pretty good diving up there at that time of the year. am planning like a three day trip and will be taking the fery out of Portland ME. to get there.

charlie tuna:
are there any fellow divers who have done any diving in Nova Scotia as i am planning on going there this August to the Lunenburg area. I hear there is some pretty good diving up there at that time of the year. am planning like a three day trip and will be taking the fery out of Portland ME. to get there.

Spent three weeks in Luneburg area diving in the summer of 2002. Definitely get a charter out to the artificial reef/wreck HMS Saguenay and also do the local seal dive. There are some great shore diving opportunities within an hour's drive of Lunenburg both north and south.

Carter's Beach in Port Mouton is nice and even better is a dive off Paddy's Head Island in St. Margaret's Bay. Both have easy shore entries. Paddy's Head is spectacular!

Get yourself a copy of the book "The Combined Atlantic Diver Guide" by David N. Barron. It lists all the local dive sites with descriptions for Atlantic Canada.

The dive shop I used in Lunenburg went belly-up this past December but there is a charter operator still in operation there. You may wish to contact Torpedo Ray's Dive Shop in Halifax for trip or site info. I dove with them a couple of times and they were great companions.

DSDO

Alan

Back
Top Bottom