Ft W RI 7-3-15 - Found Dive Knife

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tkaelin

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Beautiful morning out at Ft W. Early diving at 8:30 AM with a good number of cars in the parking lot but few if any in the water. Tide just about High with the wind blowing out so nice and calm. Underwater was a different story. A snow storm in the boat ramp cove with vis ranging from 4-6. Some clearer spots but mostly lots of particulates hanging in the water making it look like a brown snow storm, maybe better described as a dust storm. It may have been better in the other cove but my dives were in the boat ramp cove. No good pics worth posting. Some flounder nothing else to note. Surprised that I am not seeing small lobsters hanging out in small holes under rocks.

Found a dive knife that I suspect was only recently lost and that someone would want back. I'll post on lost and found as well. Send me a pm with the description and I'll try to get it back to you.

By midday the parking lot full of cars, divers, paddlers and others. Nice to so many divers out. Young, old, solo, classes etc.

Another example of bad vis at high tide. This seems to be the trend there bad vis at high tide and better vis at low tide. I almost went at low tide today but thought it might be crowded. I lost a knife at Castle Hill across the channel a few weeks ago. :(

The problem with found knives is that people don't lose the scabbard also. I thinking about heading to Newport Tuesday or Wednesday. Anyone been to Green Bridge, Kings Beach or Lands End?

I'm thinking about diving Green Bridge today Rich. Taking Mrs. AD snorkeling then a solo dive. A report will follow as usual, standby.

The problem with found knives is that people don't lose the scabbard also.
I agree but this one may be the exception. This knife is the type and make that the person who lost it is really going to want it back and if no one claims it I may pick up a replacement scabbard as they are readily available.

We have a winner! Thanks CT-Rich for putting me in touch with the diver who lost this expensive knife which I understand was a gift from his wife. Sending it to him tomorrow.

I didn't put two and two together until after I got home from the dive. Lou, the Ft Wetherill regular told me about losing his knife when I ran into him on a Tuesday night night-dive. The next day I remembered your post. Glad to hear it worked out.

Back
Top Bottom