Trip Report: July 5th - 3/12 Fathoms Ledge & North East Graves with Boston Scuba

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

macado

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
The water is definitely warming up in the harbor! We ran a trip out to 3 1/2 Fathoms Ledge and North East Graves this Sunday with a group from the South Shore Neptunes.

Water temps on the surface were in the low 60s and mostly mid-50s (59f to 53f) at depth for both dive sites. We had an average of ~20ft of visibility at both dive sites.

Everyone did well lobstering. Lots of recently molted (soft shell) lobsters to be found.

I took a few pictures, I believe that is paulthenurse's boat in the background.
wQBcd1Wl.jpg

G60O8rRl.jpg

6zjwNdsl.jpg

QdqA6pNl.jpg

Yup, that was me. I thought I was good and far enough away from you, I came in real slow and watched for bubbles but about ten minutes after we dropped the hook one of your guys showed up about 100 yards off my starboard side. I don't believe he was anywhere near me when I stopped but that gave me a fright.

We had a fun day ourselves, did a dive there and another inside of Hypocrite. I really enjoy the Northeast Graves, it is such a pretty dive. That whole rib of rock running from Boston Light through the Graves and out to The City of Salisbury is enjoyable, productive and extremely pretty. You did way better on the catch than we did, congrats.

PTN

Hate to hijack, but I'm assuming you're the same PTN over on homebrew talk?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hate to hijack, but I'm assuming you're the same PTN over on homebrew talk?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ya, but I'm a not nearly as abrasive over here. :D

You were plenty far away Paul. No worries. Couple of the guys on our charter surfaced a little far away but it's all good.
u
We don't do North East Graves nearly as much as we should but I really enjoy that dive a lot.

Bugs are definitely back in. Hopefully only going to get better from this point on.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom