Brant Rock Conditions?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubastew

Reaction score
I was curious if anyone has been out on Brant Rock in Marshfield recently (this weekend?). Any idea what the water temps are? and What the swells are like? I have dived and snorkeled that site a few times but each time it's been a mixed bag. Either the swells are enough to swish you around underwatre or there is so much sand churned up visibility is minimal. Though at other times It's been perfect conditions.

Was thinking of heading out there Monday the 31st and wondering what the scoop might be?

Thanks for the heads up, it's appreciated !!

~scubastew
or email asstronomydomine@hotmail.com

I haven't been down there yet this year, but let me know how it is! After DIR-F this weekend, I'm definately going to be looking to do a bunch of shore diving.

I did swing bye Brant Rock in Marshfield Ma on Monday 5/31, conditions where great for snorkeling anyway and a few divers showed up as I was leaving.

temps: 55 degrees (stayed in the shallows, max 15 feet)
visability: 15+ feet

as the tide came in it stirred up a little sand but still was great. I've been in a lot worse at that site.

noticed a rather large flounder and a half dozen small (non-keeper) lobsters. Two were missing their crusher claw (be carefull folks do your best not to pull those off in your bug hunting excitement.

cheers

here's my email incase you wanna got for a dive at Brant rock

scubadiverstew@hotmail.com

I'm looking to get wet around 5pm tomorrow at Brant Rock. High tide is at 5:41. Winds should be out of the west!

Lemme know if anyone wants to join.

off my boat. Hopefully I can find some bugs.

decapoddiver:
off my boat. Hopefully I can find some bugs.

Watch out for my dive flag! :wink:

Actually, my daughter's softball team advanced in the playoffs last night so I'll be at another game this evening instead of diving.

Where do you launch your boat from?

Went out to my "spots" and got some bugs. Water was 54° at depth. Vis was easily 25'. I could clearly see the bottom (at 33' in this particular spot) while holding onto the side of the boat. Great vis but not loaded with lobster. Still, it was great to be out again.

Back
Top Bottom