Friday (7/23) Beach Dive in MA?? Anyone??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubastew

Reaction score
I was wondering if someone was available (and interested) in scuba diving this coming Friday (7/23). I live just south of boston and generally dive the south coast, but open to a new location/site. (I have been up to Pebble Beach in Rockport and it was a nice dive site.)

My usual dive buddy isn't available but I still wanted to take advantage of my day off from work by getting wet (and maybe getting dinner).

I dive steel 72s and would love to get two dives in if possible. Also I typically prefer the morning as to still have some day left to kick around after the dive (as well as enjoy a cold beer and chat about the dive).

any questions about me or my experience please feel free contact me! (could possible substitute a margarita rather than the beer if you twist my arm a smidge)

any takers?

~steveo

I wish .. ill have my open water in 2 weeks ...
ill be up for a dive then :)
if you dont mind diving with a new diver :)

Scuba

Gabe

scubastew:
I was wondering if someone was available (and interested) in scuba diving this coming Friday (7/23). I live just south of boston and generally dive the south coast, but open to a new location/site. (I have been up to Pebble Beach in Rockport and it was a nice dive site.)

My usual dive buddy isn't available but I still wanted to take advantage of my day off from work by getting wet (and maybe getting dinner).

I dive steel 72s and would love to get two dives in if possible. Also I typically prefer the morning as to still have some day left to kick around after the dive (as well as enjoy a cold beer and chat about the dive).

any questions about me or my experience please feel free contact me! (could possible substitute a margarita rather than the beer if you twist my arm a smidge)

any takers?

~steveo

I'm planning on diving Friday with a buddy. Maybe we could try and get together. The 6 P.M. forecast just showed Friday as being pretty nasty with a major storm coming in.

decapod,

I noted the same forecast. Looks much better early morning than afternoon. Thanks so much for the offer. Keep me posted. Where you thinking? beach dive? which location?

If the seas are a little rough perhaps we could try inside the jetty at Gun Rock beach in Hull (atlantic avenue). There are two getties in the area. The smaller one is a beach dive the larger would need a boat. I know (resident) parking is an issue there however.

thanks again, keep me posted
~steveo/stu
scubadiverstew@hotmail.com

Stu,
Just left you a voicemail. I am hoping to sneak a dive in tonight or tomorrow night if you're up for it.

Give me a call or shoot me an message.

-John

So far had a few bites, but nothing solid for a dive tomorrow morning. I'm thinking maybe something around 9am. I am pretty flexible with the location, though I live just south of boston (quincy). decapoddiver mentioned the weather didnt look so "pretty" in the late afternoon/evening (friday).

Forecast from http://weather.boston.com/marine/ is partly sunny with possible afternoon T-storms. Also the boston harbor LOW tide is around 10:00am.

Any interest in diving tomorrow am please let me know. scubadiverstew@hotmail.com or just private message me here..

thanks all

I did shore dives yesterday and hope to do some boat dives tomorrow. Weather definitely looks better than originally predicted.

I was just told that "we" have decided to take our daughter to Davis Farmland. I don't think I can scuba in 2"s of water :(

I've had that happen on several occasions myself. Have fun with the mate and offspring.

Sinus Infection 1 LobstaMan 0 UGH!

LobstaMan

Back
Top Bottom